Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easy Kitchen Garden

Creating an easy kitchen garden in my backyard is my current obsession. I tend to jump around from interest to interest and right now it is vegetable gardening. I have this really nasty grey clay subsoil to work with (yipee?) and I'm learning all about gardening in clay.

I've been in my current home for a few years but haven't attempted a vegetable garden because getting the soil to a place where it can actually support a plant has been an ongoing process.

I tend to learn best by messing up and I figured this would be a good place to document my adventures (or misadventures) in growing an easy kitchen garden. I'm only expecting the most forgiving of vegetables to produce but I'll be planting more than just the simple stuff.

Right now I'm waiting for the radish plants to sprout. Radishes are so easy even I should not be able to screw them up but...I'm waiting so I'm not completely sure yet.

I've been working on attempting to improve my clay soil and since prior to this house I have never grown anything in clay I've had to learn quite a bit. It would have been easier (I think) if I had known what I was in for before I ever started but I didn't and that's that.

So sit back, relax, and get ready to enjoy my tale and the excitement of the easy kitchen garden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment